June 25, 2012

It's always too early to quit!


Rant and Tip for June 25, 2012



Quote:  “It's always too early to quit.”

Truer words have rarely been spoken. To many times we allow ourselves to quit before we actually start to see success. Success comes to those who never quit, whether it is in the heat of competition or being able to stick to a new diet plan or lifestyle change.  I have said this many times before that to maintain any weight loss or be able to stay fit requires a life style change. Once you accept this and you make a pact with yourself you will be successful.

I had the pleasure of working out with John Bogart, he is a world record holder in the International Powerlifting Federation. He is another man who knows how to work a shirt. He also will be able to keep an eye on all the rules that apply to USAPL lifts. My lifts went well and I attempted 455 but failed at it. I am confident that I will get it next Sunday.     
www.sspnutrition.com get 10% using code 3020
                I would like to talk about the stabilizing muscles. These muscles are the secondary muscles that are used in a lift. For instance many people when they work out will concentrate on a specific muscle and isolate it by using a machine. When we do this we neglect the stabilizing muscles and we rob ourselves of truly getting stronger. Don’t get me wrong, machines definitely have their place and yes I do use them. However, there really is so substitute for cold hard steal, or in the case of many gyms today rubber coated steel. When we lift a dumbbell or a free bar for squats, benching or deadlift we hit those stabilizing muscles as well. If we stand or sit on a ball while doing our biceps curls we can hit our abdominal muscles as well. I guess what I am saying here is don’t be afraid to break away from your comfort zone.

Last subject today is about supplements. Last year when I won the American Challenge SSP nutrition sent me a sample box of their supplements called the system. SSP stands for “Speed, Strength and Performance” This is not just a supplement of bodybuilders and powerlifters. I thoroughly enjoyed these supplements and felt great taking them. If you're a serious athlete, or a weekend warrior looking to maximize your workouts, this is a solid pre, post, and growth workout mix. It blends a wide variety of nutrients that optimize strength, speed and recovery. I honestly believe it is among the best nutritional supplements on the market. SSP is a complete supplement system.

When you first look at the cost of the system, it looks to be on the expensive side. However keep in mind you pay for what you get and when you add up what you pay for a pre, post and maintenance supplement the combined cost is very comparable and fair. Try SSP using the discount code 3020 and get a 10% discount on your purchase. After you first month supply is completed send me an email and let me know what you think and I can feature you here on my blog.

Have a great workout!

Tip: If you find your workouts have stalled. Do not be afraid to try a good supplement. Sometimes we just cannot get eat enough of the good nutrients that we need to see the gains we are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment