June 19, 2012

Failure is just another learning experience


Rant and Tip for June 19, 2012



Quote: “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison was a wise man. While this quote relates to his work on inventions, how many times have we fail at getting to the gym or following our diet plans? We all have but it is how you look at those failures that will help you to succeed. Each failure is an opportunity to succeed next time. It is these failures that we learn from. We find exactly what Mr. Edison states. Ways that will not work.

I have been eating like a horse lately and while the food I am eating is on plan it is just way to much. It is time to cut back and maintain a weight that makes training in the bench shirt advantages. You see the shirt is so tight that even 5 pounds of fat can change how it fits and then training performance will not equal meet day performance. It seems to me the best body weight to be is within 3 to 5 pounds of the actual weight class. These 3 to 5 pounds can be manipulated with water.

Today is my raw bench day. I am not sure yet what I will be doing today as I need to get some heavy work in and yet at the one gym I go to I cannot find a good spotter. Squatting there is not a problem because I can set the safety rails. Benching will present a challenge for me today. I may focus on my new trainee and try to get to one of the other gyms and hit it hard there. I will have to see how the day and evening play out. I promise you though, this man will be hitting the weights hard today at some point. Then cardio will be in the mix.

One thing I do know about myself is how dangerous Macadamia nuts are for me. Now it I would eat only a serving instead of the whole can it would be a different story. Not only are they loaded with calories they are also loaded with salt. Of course this salt retains water and for me it will retain another pound or two. Be a constant scale guy this can sometimes freak me out. I know this about those darn nuts but once I buy a can I know I am doomed. To be honest I did take this into consideration when I purchased them. My next meet is in August and I have plenty of time to trim any fat I need to trim away.

Have a great workout!

Tip: We all have foods we love, especially foods that are on our dietary plan. However even these foods and be detrimental to our goals if we over do on them. Portion control is important also.


No comments:

Post a Comment