November 8, 2011

Rant and Tip for November 8, 2011

Quote: “Only those who risk going to far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

I found this quote today and thought I would use it. Funny thing about this quote is I really do not have to say anything about it. It is self-explanatory. You will never know what you can achieve until you try. If you have been over weight for a long time and now want to make the changes necessary then do not give up. Apply yourself and risk the impossible. When the weight is gone and you are happy and healthy you will realize it was worth the risks. You may think what risk could their be. Well I will tell you this, when I changed my eating habits and chose a low carb lifestyle many people thought I was crazy. They ridiculed me telling me I didn’t know how to live, that I would just put the weight back on anyway. They also told me my cholesterol would go, as would my blood pressure. I am here to tell you that in time some people will get it. Others never will. I would say I know how to live better than they do now. I do not live to eat, I eat to live. Living to me is not gorging myself on obscene amounts of sweets or other simple carbohydrates. I do enjoy eating don’t get me wrong. I just enjoy eating vegetables and healthy meats.

I will be doing cardio again today and drinking a lot of water. I am still 3 pounds up in weight and need to lose at least one more pound before I choose to dehydrate on Thursday. 2 pounds of water weight will be easy to lose by Friday. I get to weigh in Friday night and as long as my daughter doesn’t have a lot of homework, I am looking forward to bringing her with me. This will be the first event that I get to bring a family member with me. I will be very pleased if she can make it.

As far as your exercise today you may want to get some cardio in as well. Remember to do your cardio after you strength training. You do not want to rob those muscles of the opportunity to grow and get stronger. Remember the more muscle you have the more calories you burn at a rested state.

Tip: Train don’t strain!


No comments:

Post a Comment