November 7, 2011

Living a healthy lifestyle will only deprive you of poor health, lethargy, and fat


Add caption
Rant and Tip for November 7, 2011

Quote: "Living a healthy lifestyle will only deprive you of poor health, lethargy, and fat." ~Jill Johnson~

Happy Monday everyone. Today is still a rest day as will be the rest of the week in my strength training regimen. I am hoping for some nice numbers this coming Saturday but we will see how the shoulders feel.  I will do some cardio today and make sure my diet is tight so I can make weight on Friday night. I received a phone call from a fellow competitor and I will be competing with him directly. He wanted to know if I would be in town Friday night so we could have dinner after weigh ins. He said to me we can be friends Friday night but game is on Saturday morning and I am the enemy. LOL I will welcome the challenge. He is a young buck 28 years my junior. I nice guy as are most of the people I meet at these power meets.

I was recently asked to write for the alumni newsletter for the High School that I wrestled for, it was honored to be asked. When I sat down to write many thoughts came to mind. One of which is how both wrestling and powerlifting are both individual sports where the responsibility of a win or a loss falls on the competitor. If you trained hard enough or not is going to on display for all to see. It struck me as I wrote about this, that we are all responsible for ourselves and our own actions. If you are overweight, you are the reason. If you are out of shape and unhealthy due to the lack of exercise again you are the only one to blame. If you want to make the changes necessary to achieve your goals grab the bull by the horns and do it.

Those of you who are not competing next Saturday, I assume will be working out today. Do me a favor and put a little extra into your workout today. Make me feel it. You know I will be chomping at the bit to be attacking the weights and hope you will hit them for me today and the rest of the week.

Have a great workout!

Tip: When you think you are done go for one more rep. Give that little extra in your workout and your body will reward you.

No comments:

Post a Comment