November 23, 2011

Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Rant and Tip for November 23, 2011

Quote: Food is an important part of a balanced diet. Fran Lebowitz

Wow can it be put anymore simply than that? Really, you do need to eat to keep a balanced diet. I truly believe whole natural foods are the best way to maintain a fit body and an optimistic attitude in your life. I enjoy all kinds of vegetables and meats. I even enjoy a good potato or yam on occasion. What I do stay away from are processed foods and simple sugars. Funny though when you start reading labels you will find many processed foods contain sugar. Well it is sugar and or high levels of sodium in them, what a terrible combination that is. Not only does the extra simple carbohydrate help you retain some water and even give you a bloated feeling and the salt will even increase this. No wonder when people start eating whole natural foods their blood pressure will go down and the simple carbs they were eating yields to dietary fiber carbs that are much healthier for you. As your reduce the process foods in your diet you may find the malaise that you felt sometimes goes away. At least this is what happened to me. I have more energy for my workouts and feel fantastic.

Squats went well yesterday and I did not go heavy. I only did 4 sets of 10 at 225. Starting next week I will start my 5x5 cycle for strength. I am not going to focus on going real heavy as my main focus at this point is the IPF world meet in Plsen of the Czech Republic. Tonight we through the bench shirt on and I am hoping to start going heavier. Bring the weight all the way to the chest and pressing it out. Hoping to hit 360 or 370 in the shirt today as I want to start getting my central nervous system use to that kind of weight. Part of the challenge is going to be getting use to the heavier loads just being in my hands. This is my challenge in the squat as well. However, like I said my main focus right now it to get some big numbers out of this shirt. For many of you that follow some of the exercises I have here on my blog you will find that today is your chest day.
Incline dumbbell press - 4 sets 10
Flat dumbbell press - 4 sets 10
Decline barbell press - 4 sets 10
Dumbbell flies - 4 sets 10

At the end of today add in some tricep work. Since the tricep is already getting some work benching adding triceps on bench day will really blast them out.

Have a great workout!

Tip: When it comes to training know what your goals are. Are they to get larger muscles like bodybuilders, getting stronger like a powerlifter or are you exercising to get fit and feel better? Whatever the goal is stay focused and reach for the brass ring. Do not let you focus switch around and get off track. This happens to many of us. Including myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment