November 20, 2011

Health and Skincare November 20,2011

Acne Light Treatment
Via: Tanda Skincare


(While doing a little research acne removal I found the Tanda website. They have a fountain of information there. I even thought I would include the above graphic as I found it very interesting.)

Good Morning, I have something a little different for you today. Since I like to blog about health and fitness I thought I would devote this Sunday to Skin care namely treatment for Acne. While at my age of 49 I do not have an issue with this. I do have soon to be teenagers that may have to deal with this situation. Cystic Acne is a common skin disease.  In teens, acne is usually caused by an increase of testosterone, which peoples both males, and females acquire during puberty. While Acne is most common amongst teenagers and will disappear or at least decrease greatly by the time we hit out twenties, it is not uncommon for people to still get acne into their forties. Acne will occur where hair follicles are most dense, such as the face, chest and for some people even there back.

A high glycemic load diet is associated with worsening acne. There is also an association between the consumption of milk and the rate and severity of acne. The evidence does not support other associations such as chocolate and salt. However, it is important to note the many times these foods do have a high glycemic load. So while chocolate it self does not cause acne, the glycemic spike from the sugar definitely is not going to help the condition either.

There are many different treatments for acne. First since I got a good amount of information from Tanda please visit their site and check out their acne light therapy. Benzoyl peroxide is still the most common form of treatment but that is by no means the only form of treatment. There are antibiotic treatments, as well as hormone treatment for females. I am not doctor nor to I play one on this blog, so check with your physician to see what will work best for you. Oh one more thing I did read that exercise will also help in keeping acne in check and this is due to the fact that exercise will increase blood flow increasing oxygen to the infected area helping it heal. It also reduces stress which can also force and acne outbreak.


Have a great workout!

Tip: Get your rest!

3 comments:

  1. Most of my the things that I have read about acne usually tells me a lot things which I am not familiar about. But Jim describes it in the simplest way. And I do agree that regular exercise can also help in the prevention of acne. Thanks.

    http://faceacnetreatment.org/Face_Acne/Welcome.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know what you mean by I will stand this blog?

    ReplyDelete