November 4, 2011

I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.

Rant and Tip for November 4, 2011

Quote: “I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.” Thomas Jefferson

Good morning, Cyberland. I found this quote this morning and didn’t think to much of it but while I was searching for another one to use in today’s blog it kept coming back to me. I think this is because, if you are like me, you tend to dwell on the mistakes you have made in the past and not look to the future and what you can make of it. If you are have struggled with a weight loss issue or the fact that you just cannot get to a good workout routine, do not beat yourself up about it. Just plan a little better and look to the future and make it just what you want it to be. On a little side note here, when you do stress of something it releases more Cortisol into your system. Cortisol is a steroid hormone that is released into the body as a result of stress and this hormone can make it difficult to lose weight. It will actually aid in a stall of weight loss. My point here is not to stress over mistakes made in the past look ahead at the great choices you will make next time.

My shoulders feel pretty good today but I have to say my bicep feels worse than it has in a very long time. I see the sports medicine doctor today and I am hoping she can suggest something other than physical therapy. While I think the PT helped some and I continue to do the exercises, I think something more is needed. We will see what she has to say today. Cardio will be the call of the day for me and definitely a reduction is fuel in the body so I can lose the 4 lbs. I need to lose for next Saturday I really want to lose the weight by Friday so I can weigh in on Friday night and enjoy a nice big meal the night before.

I recently read an article on what to eat the day of the meet. I need to make sure I am up and eating breakfast about 4 hours before I lift. This breakfast needs to consist of food that will digest fairly quickly. So proteins and fats will be limited and some healthy carbs will be the call. Mind you this is not to carb load it is to make sure the blood will be able to be used in the muscles and not in my stomach aiding in the digestion of food. You see fat and protein take longer to digest in the body and hence why when someone starts eating a low carb diet which is higher in fat they are not as hungry as often. You will often here someone who eats a low carb lifestyle say they just are not hungry when it is time to eat again.

Have a great workout!

Tip: Be sure to stretch before and after you exercise. I will be stretching today before I hit my cardio and I try to make sure I always stretch after. This gets the blood to flow into the muscle a little more efficiently and aids in muscle repair

No comments:

Post a Comment