November 30, 2011

The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.

Rant and Tip for November 30, 2011

Quote: "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." ~Vince Lombardi~

Vince Lombari has had many quotes over his career. I found this one and thought this is where I am now when it comes to my way of eating. I find it very hard to surrender to the waffle before a meet. Like the way I did the morning of the Gobbler Open. I had to bite the bullet and try something different for that morning. It was very difficult for me to surrender to it. As you change your lifestyle and work hard to be successful in your lifestyle change, you will find it harder and harder to surrender to any unwanted urges or cravings you encounter. Work hard and you will be successful.

Went it comes to exercise and you work hard to achieve your goals you will find as you go along it will be harder and harder to give up and the last repetition. When I was pushing 325-lbs at the Gobbler Open I hit a point where I started to stall. It was at this point I pushed harder, I was not going to surrender to the weight. I wanted it to go up. I needed it to go up. I would not surrender to the bar. When you strength train consistently you will find this will happen to you in you workouts. As you get stronger from your training and you find that you are able to do things you have not done in years, you will find it hard to surrender to the life you had before training. Whether you are a cardio aerobic type person or a strength training individual like myself you will not want to go back to you previous lifestyle. It is funny as a young adult or child you do not realize what a gift being fit is. You almost take it for granted and you allow yourself to eat anyway you want and you do not take in consideration the affects it could have on the rest of your life. As a mature adult we have experienced the side affects of an unhealthy lifestyle and for many of us it took that for us to pull ourselves together.

I did not end up doing squats yesterday. However I did work my legs. I did leg presses, leg extensions, leg curls and lunges. It was a good workout and I did work up a good sweat. I fully expect DOMS to kick in through out the day. Tomorrow I will work my core at lunch and in the evening it will be board presses in the bench shirt with some heavy weight. I need to train hard to be ready for the world meet in May 2012.

Through this blog I have raised about $100.00 towards the world meet. I have a long way to go but I will get there. Thank you to those who have made donations to help me get there.


Tip: Make your new lifestyle fun. If you do not enjoy the exercise you are currently doing mix it up and find something you enjoy. Now I do know some of you may think UGH I don’t enjoy any physical activity, this you will just have to overcome. You can do it and you will find something you enjoy. Maybe it is just a matter of going with someone you enjoy spending time with.


No comments:

Post a Comment