June 9, 2011

Rant and Tip for June 9, 2011



First to my Dad, Happy Birthday! 70 today and still the man I look up to. Not just because I am shorter than you!


Good Morning everyone, the word of the day is impatience. The marketing departments of weight loss products and supplements know we are by nature impatient. Let’s face it we all want the quick fix. Some of us swear we are follow a program perfectly and when they are asked if they are following one or another aspects of the program find they really aren’t following the program at all. I had a conversation last night with a young lady who was under the impression that Atkins was a no carbohydrate. I proceeded to educate her on the plan. She said, “then why does everyone think it is a no carb diet”. I said because they have not read the book. They only know what they hear and they are misinformed. She asked me if I still follow the Atkins diet. I told I do. I also explained that my carbohydrate levels might be higher than hers would be or maybe higher than most, due to the amount of exercise I get. I told her that the book teaches you how to eat properly for the rest of your life. Now I understand that Atkins may not be right for everyone but for me it worked and works to this day. Let’s get back to impatience. I didn’t want this to be an infomercial I do not get paid for my rants. LOL There is always some marketing genius or flacky who will tell you that you can lose a lot of weight by taking this pill or this herb. Really, if we use our heads does this actually make sense? We put the junk in our bodies and we cannot expect some miracle pill to change our eating habits nor correct what our eating habits have done to us. Weight loss and muscle building take time. You need to put the effort and work into it to be successful. We can all be successful in this process. It just takes a little time. Be patient.

Have a great workout!

Tip of the day

Take the time to do a little research, if something sounds to good to be true it probably is. Tell yourself that you are making a change in your life that is permanent and that to build those good exercise and eating habits will take sometime. Listen you have the rest of you life ahead of you. Take your time and build those good habits.

1 comment:

  1. if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is… cleo

    ReplyDelete