June 28, 2011

Rant and Tip for June 28, 2011

Good morning did you miss me? I hope someone did. Did some benching yesterday and today I think I am going to do weighted core exercises. Squats will be Wednesday this week, and deadlifts will be on Friday I hope. This has been one of those weeks where I have had to be flexible in my schedule with working out. I want to do supportive exercises on Tuesday and Thursday. We will see how it goes. Just a reminder to everyone, I do have a questions and answer page which includes my email. Let me know if you have any questions diet or exercise related. Also please take a look at my supplement page. If there are products you would like to see there, let me know. OK back to the today’s post. I thought I would talk about getting enough sleep. I know you would think this one is easy. However, with today’s busy lifestyles, it is one of the things we let suffer. I do not get enough sleep. I was up too late last night. I first went to bed at 9:00, but could not sleep and got up and stayed up till 11:00. I wake up around 5:00 every morning. I do not get out of bed right away but I am awake. I know you are thinking well that is 6 hours. Remember I said I stayed up till 11 not fell asleep at 11. Besides when you are hitting the weights your body needs more than 6 hours of sleep. You and I need to make sure we get enough sleep for good mental health and for our physical health as well. This will help fuel our workouts as we will be well rested.

Have a great workout!

Tip

Take the TV out of the bedroom. Remember how I have talked about muscle memory in the past? The same applies here in that if your body is use to watching TV every night it will begin to expect it. Try to set an actual bedtime and be consistent in getting to bed at that time. These things will help you get the sleep you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment