June 13, 2011

Rant and Tip for June 13, 2011


 I had a busy weekend with my children. Saturday we went to the American Museum of Natural History in NYC and let me say I needed a second day to see everything. Of course my children loved seeing the things from the movie “Night at the Museum”. We walked all day. Yes it is a form of exercise. Let me just say my feet were sore. LOL We all had a nice time. Except for the drive home because my TOM TOM was not quick enough with the directions. UGH I went an hour out of my way. I find the getting out of the city to be a nightmare. Now as far as exercise I want to cover the gym atmosphere again. Some people who need to lose a lot of weight tend to stay away from the gym because they feel people will be staring or make fun of them. Please don’t let that be the case for you. I enjoy working out at home, and working out at the gym. For me the gym is a place I feel comfortable, even at my heaviest. I spoke to a trainer recently and we talked about breaking down the gym myths. One myth is that muscle heads and cardio fans, senior citizens, and people who are obese need separate places to work out. Have you heard the commercial “I lift things up and put them down”. Why does a guy like that have to workout someplace else? Why not take advantage of the knowledge base this person has. OK maybe he takes it the extra mile but I assure you that if asked he would be happy to give you some pointers. I have worked out at that gym and yes I set of the lunk alarm with a low grunt. Dam thing freaked me out. I though you have to be kidding me. At the same time I must have helped about 10 people with their form that week and probably saved them some injuries. Any way back to why you should not be afraid to hit the gym if that is where you get the best workout. Many other lifters and myself feel it is a wonderful thing to see someone taking control of their life and getting to the gym. Secondly the people that are obese when they finally lose the weight are the truly strong people. Imagine any bodybuilder or power lifter carrying an extra 100 pounds with them all day everyday. Now that is a strong person. Of course we all need to realize we are different and have different needs. So when you see someone look your way at the gym just smile, and say was there something wrong with my form, or do you have some pointers for me? I bet you will find they are happy to help!

Have a Great Workout!

Tip:

Take the time to get to know the people in the gym. It will make it more enjoyable to go there. Now don’t make it social hour but don’t be afraid to say hello and if someone tries to give you a tip don’t think they are trying to pick you up either. I sure hope that is not what the guys who I have helped thought. YIKES! OK that is not the case with me. Maybe in some cases that is true and if it is well who knows. Anyway remember when I said surround yourself with a supportive group, maybe that group is at the gym waiting for you now.

Product Review

Isopure sent me 3 of there new smoothies to try and blog about. I was a little hesitant at first because I do not want this blog to be all about what products I like and dislike. However with that said and since Isopure is not paying me nor are they sponsoring me I can give my honest opinion on their product. They sent me 3 flavors Orange Peach, Berry Pomegranate, and Orange Berry. They pack 32 grams of whey protein isolate in each smoothie. Great for a post workout drink. It also contains 2.5 grams of fat and 14 grams of  carbohydrates of which 4 grams are dietary Fiber giving you a net carb allowance of 10 carbs. Here is the thing for me, of the grams of carbs that are left 9 of them are sugar. To many simple carbohydrates for my liking. I mentioned this to them and they assured me they are coming out with a line that has less simple carbohydrates in them. As far as taste I must say I did enjoy them and if you do not care about the amount of sugar in them you could add them to your supplement cart. I will put a link for them in my products section later today and link them here.   The Orange Peach and Orange Berry both reminded me of an Orange Julius, I am not sure if that is a Northeast thing or not but they are very tasty and have a nice little citrus bang to them. The Berry Pomegranate I enjoyed just as much. The consistency is very creamy. I give the product a thumbs up.


No comments:

Post a Comment