June 20, 2011

Rant and Tip for June 20, 2011

Wow, what a weekend. It is a good thing I take the weekends off from lifting and this blog because it seems between Father’s day celebrations, Tai Kwon Do ceremonies and softball with my daughter, I would have no time to work out anyway. I did try to get in some light squats for form but that was all. Well I tried something stupid this weekend and I have to start remembering that I am not 20 something. One of the dads at softball extended his body from a vertical pole doing the human flag trick. He hugged the pole like this.









Of course not to be outdone I grabbed the pole in my hands and extended my body as a flag with out hugging the pole.
Well let me tell you that was a mistake being the proud foolish man I can be some times. I strained the bicep that I have tendonitis in. It hurt all day and is still tender this morning. It should not effect my squats, bench or deadlift, but I am sure it will bother me on shoulder and back day. I guess this is where today’s rant comes from. We need to know our bodies. If you have an injury you need to be careful and give that body part time to heal. It is very frustrating I know. This bicep has bothered me since February or March. Keep in mind this is not a case of DOMS. This is an injury to the tendon and needs to be rested. I need to listen to my body better. Make sure you do to.

Have a great workout!

Tip of the day
If you are having trouble staying motivated try surrounding yourself with people who are where you want to be at in your physical fitness. I have no problems with this. Two of my lifting friends destroy me at the deadlift and I want to get to the level they are at. I may never get there but it makes me work harder. Whether your goal is to just get stronger, more lean or run a 5k get to know the people who are where you want to be.

1 comment:

  1. will that teach you? maybe! maybe not!!!

    ReplyDelete