June 22, 2011

Rant and Tip for June 22, 2011


     Some of you or some of your friends may be wondering where to start when striving to get healthier and more physically fit. In my humble opinion you need to start with your diet. Keep in mind diet is not something you do just to lose weight. It is how and what you eat to live. We are omnivores we are built to eat meat and vegetables. Our bodies do very well on a diet rich in proteins, fats and complex carbohydrates and the amount you take in depends on your personal level of physical activity. This is why I think getting your eating in line is the first step to getting healthy. To get a handle on this, try writing down everything you put in your mouth each day for a week, being sure to write down how much of each item as well. This includes any liquids. Eat like you normally would. At the end of the week enter your meals into Fitday.com or Fatsecret.com. Both these sites are great for tracking your food intake. After you see the calories, and how they break down with protein, fats, carbohydrates, and alcohol, take another moment to weigh out a true portion size so you can actually see how much the manufacture states is a portion. You will be surprised at just how much you are over eating. Exercise will help to lose body fat but the real factor is the nutrition aspect of your new life style. Take control of your life and eat properly. This is one area of your life where no one can help you. You have to want to do this yourself. It is also harder to find an excuse not to eat properly. We either make good choices or we don’t. Choose wisely and choose wisely daily. I am not a fan of cheat days. I have people ask me very often do I have a cheat day. My answer of course, is NO. One cheat day becomes two then it becomes a week and the next thing you know you are overweight again and looking in the mirror wondering what happened to me. So get your eating right first then kick-start that metabolism with some exercise.



Have a great workout!



Tip:

Choose an eating plan and stick to it. You all know I am a fan of eating an Atkins lifestyle. It works for me. I know how many carbs I can get away with eating and I know how my body will react to simple sugars. I have said it once and I will say it again. I am allergic to sugar. It makes me break out in fat. I did not come up with that saying an Atkins poster did. However, I totally agree with that statement.



No comments:

Post a Comment