June 17, 2011

Rant and Tip for June 17, 2011


It has taken me all day to get here today but I made it. I will stay committed to posting during the week for you as long as you continue to work towards a healthier life style. I was just talking to a friend who reminded me about a previous conversation he and I had. He follows this blog as well. He mentioned that the things I have told him have helped him hit his goals for his PT test. He shaved a minute and a half off his mile and a half run time and did well on the rest of the test. It strikes me that becoming out of shape and in some cases obese is only a stone throw away for any of us. Life is very busy and when it comes to eating unhealthy choices are everywhere. It is so easy to grab a some fast food meal that it loaded with the wrong fats and or simple carbohydrates, especially the simple carbohydrates. I would name names here but I don’t want any of the product manufacturers coming after me. As we continued to talk he mentioned some very bright intelligent people that have allowed themselves to get to an unhealthy point in their lives. It does not matter how smart we are we all can fall into this trap of unhealthy eating and lack of physical activity. Remember our bodies were made to be in motion. However it seems as technology advances we tend to sit in front of a monitor more and more. Like I am now. This is why we need to take control of our lives and not let our lives take control of us. Regardless what your GPA or IQ is we all can fall into this trap, and we can all get out of it together. Let’s get there my friends.

Have a great workout!

Tip: If you find yourself in a situation and need to get something at a fast food establishment stray from the norm and try one of their salads, or maybe a grilled chicken breast with out the bun. What I do is just find a local supermarket and grab something on plan their.

No comments:

Post a Comment