January 20, 2012

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Rant and Tip for January 20, 2012


Quote: Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill


Our quote today comes to us from across the Atlantic Ocean form Sir Winston Churchill. “Success consist of going from failure to failure with out loss of enthusiasm.” I had never heard this quote before but can say to you that this is so true. Think about the things you have attempted and failed at. I am sure there a few things that when you did fail, it did not kill you desire to keep going.  I have failed many times at a lift that I should have gotten. I have even failed at eating properly whether it be not eating enough or eating the wrong foods at the wrong time. Still I never lose sight of the dream and keep enthusiastic in my desire to keep moving forward. If you can look at the bright side of each failure, learn something from each one and remain optomistic you will have success.

Wednesday while performing my cardio about 35 minutes in to it my calf cramped up pretty bad. I was gong pretty hard at the time at 7.5 miles and hour and had to abruptly stop. The young lady on the machine next to who was walking at a brisk pace, which was good for her, said to me “Had enough?” I do not know why but I felt I had to explain my calf cramping. Silly really because she was only noticing that I was running along and stopped rather quickly. Anyway it was feeling fine with just a little discomfort yesterday and when I ran up the stairs I felt 2 little pops in it. I thought I had pulled a muscle but there is no bruising. I am not sure what it was just now I need to be more careful. In the future what I learned from this is I need more potassium in my diet to keep from getting a cramp like that. Today will be biceps and shoulders. The shoulders feel good enough today to hit them and since I hit the triceps hard yesterday I will do the bicep today.

Foods rich in potassium include parsley, dried apricots, various nuts (especially almonds and pistachios), potatoes, bamboo shoots, bananas, avocados, soybeans, and bran, although it is also present in sufficient quantities in most fruits, vegetables, meat and fish. Looks like I will start eating my avocados again. Avocados are an excellent source of Omega 3 fats as well. A lot of times when someone switches to eating a low carb lifestyle they will tend to hit the wall during their exercise. This is because they need more fat to fuel the activity they are doing. I will usually introduce them to the wonderful qualities of the avocado.

As many of you may have noticed I have added a link to a supplement called Tribustol. It is derived from the Tribulus flowering plant. It is suppose to increase your own natural testosterone. It is one of the sponsor for the 100% Raw Powerlifting Federation. I thought I would give it a try. While taking it for the 8-week cycle I felt like my recovery time from my workouts was quicker and prior to taking the supplement the most weight I had pressed in a competition were 305. At the end of the cycle I was putting up 325. Now while the lift itself did not count because my foot moved and my butt came up slightly. The strength was there to press twice my weight. Now was it the Tribustol or just me busting my backside harder in the gym or did Tribustol give me a boost in the gym. The bottom line is, if you try this supplement you will need to really push yourself. If you take it and do not push yourself you are only increasing your natural testosterone and not doing anything with it. If you decide to give it a try, please choose my name in the drop down under, How Did You Hear About Us? Wesley Kipp. This will also help me get to the world meet.

Have a great workout!

Tip: Keep enthusiastic through your failures and look for those bumps that caused the failure in the first place. This will help you to stay on track next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment