January 25, 2012

It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges,


Rant and Tip for January 25, 2012

Quote: “It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself.” – Muhammad Ali

We can all learn something from one of the greatest boxers there ever was. If you do not have the faith in yourself that you can and will make the changes to meet the challenges that come from starting a new way of eating or exercise regimen, you will fail. However, believe in yourself and have the faith that you can succeed in making these changes you will be successful. I have the faith you can do it. It is just a matter of you convincing yourself you are worth the changes.

Benched again yesterday and I believe it was too soon after Sunday’s workout. I should have waited till Wednesday. I was only able to get 305 for 2 and wanted to get it for 5. This was after hitting 240 or 5 then 260 for 5, 275 for 5 and 290 for 5. I really should have gotten that 305 for 5. Then like a fool I attempted 335 for one but I was already spent at that point. I should have rested the body one more day. I guess I did not head my own advice there. OK squats are the call of the day and again I do not plan on going to heavy. No smith machine either. I may do box squats and try to hit 350 from the box. I will definitely need a spotter for this one. I do hope to hit 380 or 400 in August.

I recently had a friend at work ask me what he can to at home for his workout so I pointed him to my Exercise Schedule page. Today on that page is back day. Here is my suggested workout for you on back day. All of these can be done at home with dumbbells.

For those working out at home:
Dumbbell rows 4 sets of 10
Weighted hyper-extensions - 4 sets 10
Shrugs - 4 sets 10
Pull ups or let downs 4 sets of 5 Pull ups if you can do them lets downs till you can.

If you are having trouble sticking to your diet, try to access why; determine what your disabling factors are. Take an inventory of them and decide to push them away. Whether they are physical, emotional or environment challenges you need to find a way past them. Some of us have family members who seem to sabotage our efforts. Now you may not be able to remove them from your life but you can stand up for yourself and say something. This is your body after all land they have no right to attempt to keep you fat for their own delight. Say something, let them know this is important to you and you do not appreciate them under mining your efforts. Of course they will come back with some statement saying they did not realize they were doing that and maybe they didn’t, but if you make it a big deal, they will get the point.

Have a great workout!



Tip:  Take a few minutes every morning and write down some of the qualities you do not like about yourself. Take that piece of p aper and crumple it up and throw it away. Throw away those qualities today. Now write down some qualities you like about yourself and some that you believe others like about you. Have faith in these qualities and use these as your reason to succeed. Turn you negatives into positives and have faith you will be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment