January 11, 2012

You never know what you can accomplish till you truly try

Not my back but maybe someday!

Rant and Tip for January 11, 2012

Quote: “You never know what you can accomplish till you truly try” Unknown

I heard from a friend today regarding accommodations for the world meet. I will be staying with the entire USA Team in a designated hotel. My friend Karl G. is going to come along. He has family in Germany and he has never been there. Since the Czech Republic is right next to Germany he is going to try to visit family as well. In an effort to determine my out of pocket expenses, I had started looking into hotels in Plsen. It struck me that maybe I will have to stay at a team-designated hotel. That is when I sent an email to a fellow competitor; he informed me I stay with the team. When I informed my friend Karl G. that I stay with the US Team. His response was “You are on the #%$#@ US Team”. It is times like this that it hits me and makes me more determined to train hard. I want to do well for my country. Admittedly, there are moments I am just in awe at what is happening. My son and daughter keep me grounded though because to them I am just dad. I like it that way. If someone had told me 3 years ago when I started my transformation from an over weight 48 year old dad, that I would be competing in a bench press meet for the IPF world team in the Czech Republic I would have thought they were crazy. If I can make the changes in my life to get healthy and fit so can you.
Yes this is my puny leg
Worked my legs today did my 5 sets of 5 and then hit the leg press machine. Once I was on the leg press machine and already fatigued I started with 210 lbs. for 5 reps and kept incrementing by 20 lbs. for sets of 5 reps until I could do no more. I want to continue to make my legs stronger with out having the stress on my shoulders. I still need to make sure my shoulders are healthy and strong for the Bench Press World meet. My training has to be smart but intense at the same time. I try not to let my mind limit my own expectations, at the same time making sure I do not over do and ruin my chances in the Czech Republic.

If you are just starting your diet as your New Year’s Resolution, make this year the year you stick to it. Make this year the year that you achieve the illusive goals that you have set in the past. You truly never know what you can accomplish until you truly try. You will need to be determined and ready to make the changes you want. I have conversations all the time with people at work. They all want to prize at the end of the tunnel. However they are not ready to make the changes to get there. You have to convince yourself you are worth the changes ahead. You need to be ready to make wise choices in your diet and give up the things you know that will side track your new way of eating. Good Luck and remember I am hear to help if I can.

Have a great workout!

Tip: Dumbbell Rear Lateral Raise Procedure 
1. Stand with your feet about shoulder width apart and your knees slightly bent.
2. Bend forward at the waist and keep your back straight.
3. Knees slightly bent
4. Hold a pair of dumbbells with your palms facing in and elbows slightly bent.
5. Keep your knees bent and back flat, inhale and raise the dumbbells out to your sides until your upper arms are slightly higher than your shoulders.
6. Exhale as you lower the weights to complete the

No comments:

Post a Comment