January 27, 2012

If you are going through hell keep going

Rant and Tip for January 27, 2012

Quote: “If уоu аrе gоіng thrоugh hell, kеер going.” (Winston Churchill)

Wow does that quote pack a punch or what. I was sitting here wondering what to write and found this quote this morning. Really what choice do you have, if you are going through a tough time, give up? No way that is not something we are going to do. We will not give up.

If you feel like you new eating plan is not working or you have hit a plateau do not just give up, change your caloric in take based on your fitness activities. Or increase your net carbs or decrease them do not keep them the same and do not give up. It may feel like hell now but success is write around the corner and you will have worked you way through hell. If you can keep away from those simple carbohydrates you will eventually succeed.

Simple carbohydrates are found in most processed or refined foods and some natural foods. These carbohydrates have short-chained sugar molecules and, because they break apart quickly, enter the bloodstream quickly. Sugary foods--including corn syrup, fruit juices, and honey--contain glucose that is absorbed directly through the stomach wall and rapidly released into the bloodstream, almost as quickly as if delivered by syringe. When this happens your body cannot burn the fuel fast enough and this has no other option but to be stored as fat. Your body recognizes it as a fuel and just wants to store it for later.

I work out a couple different gyms and a training center. When I am at Albany Strength there is a great group of lifters that help everyone keep on track. I wish I could get there 5 days a week but my schedule will not allow it. When I go to the training center, there is always someone there to help and push and spot as well. Have a workout partner is very helpful and encouraging. When I work out during the day I have a consistent workout partner as well. While he does not lift the weight I do, he does work hard and pushes me to hit new marks. The past few weeks he has been nursing an injury and has not been in the gym. I can tell you when he is not there I do still work hard but the moments when I need to get that last rep out and I am pushing with intensity I could use him pushing me verbally.

Have a great workout!

Tip:

It’s been proven time and time again: Support for your fitness efforts is a very potent part of your motivation. I have often thought that the most consistent people exercising are the those who have a partner. Often, another person’s encouragement may be just what you need when you do not feel like hitting your workout.

Here are some tips to help you find that support:

● You and your partner should be “like-minded,” that is, be interested in exercise, nutrition, and good health – and the benefits they bring.

● Your partner should share the same workout and thoughts on eating properly. You do not want someone who is chowing down a donut while you are eating you energy bar before the workout.

● Each one of you should be a “positive motivator,” and not a “cheap complimenter.” In other words, don’t tell your partner he’s looking great, when in fact he has only worked out twice. Tell the truth. Be supportive and encouraging – especially when new fitness goals are attained.

● Partners should have compatible schedules so that you can work out at the same time during the week. It’s easier to stick to a set routine rather than do sporadic activities. Schedule your exercise sessions at the same time, on the same days. This is an excellent carrot to dangle in front of you. Eventually, your workouts will become cemented into your daily routine.

● Both of you should be willing to work out at the same intensity levels and not be afraid to sweat! Commit yourself gradually and progressively by increasing your intensity. Keep in mind this does not mean you have to be pushing the same weight. Just pushing with the intensity







1 comment:

  1. Generally I do not read post on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to try and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, very nice post.
    World Cuisine Non-Stick Silicone Mold, Pandoro Bread

    ReplyDelete