January 19, 2012

“Nothing will work unless you do.” - John Wooden

Rant and Tip for January 19, 2012

Quote: “Nothing will work unless you do.” - John Wooden

Changing you lifestyle is not an easy task. It is not something that happens over night. You have to work at it. There is not a diet in the world that will work for you unless you are willing to work at it. You all know my preferred way of eating and I do realize that some people who read my blog try to do the complete opposite. As long as you work at following the programs and learn a way or eating that you can do for the rest of your life you will be successful. However remember you need to put a concerned effort into working the program. Many times a person will come to a new eating plan and expect the weight to just fall of. There will be plateau or stalls in your weight loss. There will be times you want to just quit. These are the times that the most work must be applied to being successful. Stick to it and ask questions. Be prepared though when you get the answer it may not be what you wanted to hear, but be what you needed to hear.

I trained in a new shirt last night. It was the Super Katana. This shirt has more of a swooped neck and it felt plenty tight in the arms. This is the shirt for me. One thing I learned last night was to increase the width of my grip. Wow what a difference. This forced me to use the shirt in the correct manner. Now when I bench raw I will put either my middle or ring finger on the rings. In the shirt I am putting my index finger on the ring. Usually a new shirt needs to be broken in before you can get anything to touch. Last night with minor effort with a wide grip getting 365 to touch was pretty smooth and I was able to find the groove pretty easily. The one area that is my weakness seems to be my middle trapezius muscles. They are becoming and more important in the equipped lifts. This is because I need to keep my chest up when the material of the shirt stretches across it. If I can keep my shoulder blades tight and close together I will get more out of the shirt. So today I will be working those muscles and working them hard along with my triceps.

Eating properly is important as well right now. I need to make sure I have the fuel to work as hard as I can to make the gains I need in the shirt as the world bench press meet get closer. It use to be I would live to eat and now I eat to live. Early on in the history of man our bodies learned to deal with the constant threat of starvation and deprivation. Our bodies learned to store fat and burn fewer calories, in much the same fashion a bear does during hibernation, during times when food is hard to come by. If you go hungry all day and then eat a big meal you are doing the same thing to your body. Try eating several small meals through out the day. Getting 35% of you of you nutritional intake at breakfast. You will feel full all day and your body will have more of a chance of burning off the food you have taken in and have the cranked metabolism to burn even more.

Have a great workout!

Tips
: I have talked about muscle imbalance many times over the past year and I guess my tip of the day is to not ignore your week points. Concentrate on them and get them stronger. This includes your eating habits. If you week point is 2:00 in the afternoon and that is when you fail at your diet plan. Set something aside on plan and eat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment