September 29, 2011

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.


Rant and Tip for September 29, 2011

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam

Good Morning, How do you interpret this quote? I take it this way, along our life journey and especially during the course of making your lifestyle change you will have bumps and setbacks along the way. Even with these setbacks you are on the path to success. Stay the course and get up and you will get to your goal.

Lately it seems no matter what I do I cannot get enough sleep. I wake up still tired and in need of more sleep. The challenge is I toss and turn all night. I know this is not very inspirational and I guess my hope is that by putting it in writing I will be able to get whatever is keeping me from getting the sleep I need off my mind. I just don’t know what it is.

I worked shoulders yesterday, originally I was supposed to go to Albany Strength and work with a bench shirt. It did not work out that way. Again being flexible in my training program became vital. The shoulders muscles are a supportive group of muscles for the bench-press. I like to work them a day or so after my bench routines. I typically work my benching on Mondays and then later in the week I work the shoulders. Today will be back day for me and I am hoping to be really sore on Friday.

Now as far as your diet let’s remember the quote. You will make mistakes along the way and you will fall on your face. Just pick yourself back up and continue to move forward. Remember you water intake. I have been a little behind in my water intake. I promise and want you to do so as well, to increase your water intake.

Have a great workout!

Tip: Keep a bottle of water with you at all times. Depending on your job you can keep bottles of water near you. Now I am not the type of guy to spend a ton of money on water. However I do keep several water bottles around me to keep filled. I fill two or three at a time and as long I have them near me I will drink them. “If they’re there you will drink them” Kevin Costner looks out.

1 comment:

  1. I too am lacking sleep. I find my body does not respond as well as it should when not rested.
    Sometimes it is not just our bodies that are in need of a good work out... I think maybe..just maybe.. it is our minds.

    ReplyDelete