July 26, 2011

Rant and Tip for July 26, 2011

Good Morning, well tell me how you went out yesterday and relieved some stress. I know I did. Worked on my benching today and I plan on hitting it Wednesday as well. The second week of August I will not be able to work out so I am trying to hit it extra hard so I am ready September 3rd. During that week I will be able to run and I will be keeping an eye on what I eat and what my weight is. Right now I am at 169. I had a nice dinner out with my daughter last night and while I ate on plan I did have more than enough to eat. All this shall pass if you know what I mean.

Water is very important ingredient in my training and keeping the muscles hydrated. I actually want to be super hydrated so my body becomes very efficient at evacuating the extra water. This way if needed I can let myself dehydrate the day before weigh-ins and make weight easily. Those of us who follow the Atkins way of eating are fully aware that when we burn fat the body produces Ketones. These Ketones are flushed out of the body via urine. This also improves the fat burning process. Bodybuilders on a high protein diet will produce urea as a result of protein metabolism. This is removed from the body via urine as well. Another benefit to keeping fully hydrated is it will improve the effectiveness of your workout. Think about how you feel on a hot summer day when you end up dehydrated. You feel spent unable to move. Just go watch any softball game where the players are not drinking enough they start to drag. Well even if you do not feel thirsty you could be dehydrating yourself during your workout. If you allow your body to get into a dehydrated state it can send you into a catabolic state. The catabolic state produces muscle-destroying hormones. Your body becomes stressed at this point and increases cortisol, which will make it harder to lose fat.

Phew sorry about that. I just got on a run there and could not help myself. You have heard me talk about the importance of water before. I will be squatting today and I hope you will join me and bring along your water to keep hydrated.

Have a great workout!

Tip:

Guess what the tip will be about today? That’s right getting enough water. There are many ways to achieve this. The first is to make sure you always have it handy. I am not a fan of purchasing water. I have a tap in my house that I like to get it from and it is a lot cheaper. What I do is keep several containers of water in my car at all times. Yeah sometimes it does get warm, but if I plan properly I just keep a cooler in my car and grab a reusable bottle of water when I need it. When you first get up have a glass of water first thing. I know you need your coffee and believe me so do I. I promise you will still have room for your coffee. When you go to workout bring a bottle of water with you and switch from soda or your other favorite beverage to water with your lunch and dinner. Now the one down fall with drinking this much water may be the need to get up during the night to take care of business.

2 comments:

  1. I need to focus on my water more. Thanks for the reminder, I am aware that I am bad about it, but reminders are always helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on Atkins induction so I'm glad I took the time to read this. Today I was slacking on my water consumption, but I've got my 24 oz cup full of ice water and I'll make sure to drink a couple more of those today!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete