July 1, 2011

Rant and Tip for July 1, 2011

Rant and Tip for July 1, 2011


Well it is the first of July and the Independence Day weekend is about to start. Those who are dieting to lose body fat may look at this weekend as a challenge. It does not have to be. Yeah there will be all those foods you know you need to stay away from; however, you can always bring a dish that you know is on your diet plan. We also all know there will be a vegetable platter someplace on that table as well. Personally I go for the broccoli, cauliflower, and a few tomatoes. These are very healthy nutrient rich vegetables. I often listen to people say they cannot stay on their diet when they are at a celebration. I want to encourage you to stop thinking that way. You can do it and when someone tries to encourage you to eat something not on your plan, ask why do they want you to fail. Put the ownership on them at that point. They may say oh it won’t hurt you to go off plan this one time, you know you have to enjoy life. Let them know that is right you want to enjoy life, a long happy healthy life. I have never discouraged anyone attending a gathering I was at not to eat what they want and never asked anyone to change their menu to accommodate me. There usually is some type of food I can eat that is on plan. We all have our challenges that seem to derail positive changes in our lives. How we attack these challenges are what define us. If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know by now I feel we are all in this together. Changes do not come easy and no one said changing your eating habits for life was going to be easy, but you can do it. Make the healthy choices this weekend and email me on how you did. On another topic, feel free to send me questions on my Questions and Answers page. I will be happy to answer your questions and maybe it will give me ideas for one of my blogs.

Have a great workout!

Tip:
When bringing a healthy dish, whether it is a main entrée, side dish or a dessert, make it something the rest of the party will enjoy as well. Maybe you will get others to start changes in their lives. If you need ideas please check the links of some of my friends blogs. They have some great recipes.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jim. Excellant points and very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete