July 18, 2011

Rant and Tip for July 18, 2011

My friends I am tired.  I need a vacation. Well it is back to the grind today and I am not sure if I am going to do squats today or work my bench. If I do bench I will probably get two days of benching in this week. If I squat then it will maybe 2 days of squats. Both are fine for me. I should probably squat because I need to work on that more than my benching.

I really enjoyed Brian’s post yesterday. It points out the importance of being sure to warm up properly and how stretching is such an important part of any exercise routine. If you are just starting out with your exercise program be sure you are warming properly. This will help prevent injury. If you can keep away from any injuries you will be able to enjoy your new way of life a lot more.

The Bench Press Nationals are only 6 weeks away and I am starting to cut back on a little body fat now so I can make sure I can be properly fueled for the even. I am at 169 right now and want to be down to 163 the week of the event. I want to lose this slowly so as not to lose any strength.  The key here is tracking my food with one of the online calculators and just upping my cardio from what is almost non existent now. Usually I just get my cardio from lifting. Your heart can get really pumping during a good workout. I am very close to having the amount I need to get there. If you would like to help, the donation button is on the top right of this page.

Have a great workout!

Tip:
Eat intelligently. The difference between man and beast is that we are driven by intelligence while beasts are driven by instinct. Don’t just eat something because you feel like eating it. Ask yourself whether your body really needs it. I have to be honest I recently read this tip someplace else. I do not remember where but it really hit home for me and I hope it does for you.

1 comment:

  1. Good post Jim. I will not be a beast. :) I hope you feel like lifting more so than not after a rest day or two... hint hint. Take a couple rest days if you need them Mr. Kipp!

    ReplyDelete