May 18, 2012

Dedication, WillPower and Implementation are the keys to success.


Rant and Tip for May 18, 2012


Quote: Dedication, Will Power and Implementation are the keys to success.


Tomorrow I leave for the Czech Republic as a nominated member of the USA Bench Press team to compete at the IPF Open World Bench Press Event. I am excited to have this opportunity and look forward to competing and seeing some awesome lifters.

Here are 2 links that should have the event if you are interested in watching.
I lift at 12:00 PM EST in the 74 KG weight class. Wish me luck
Live Stream

USA Power Lifting


As I sit back and access how I got here the quote above came to mind. While I did not start my exercise or diet program to get to where I am today, it did take dedication, will power and implementation to get myself healthy and fit. The byproduct of which is becoming fit and strong enough to compete at the level that I am. If someone had told me back in 2008 as an overweight middle aged man that I would be competing in a world class event I would have doubted them and laughed. What I knew was that at 46 years old and 40 pounds overweight I did not want to have to take medications to be healthy. So, I dedicated me self to an exercise regimen, I mustered up all the will power I had and I implemented a plan to get fit and healthy. As a result of DWPI I am now not only fit and healthy but amazingly an athlete that I thought I would never see again.

My point here my friends is that if you Dedicate yourself to a new lifestyle, a lifestyle that includes a dietary change and an exercise program and implement your plan accordingly you will be successful and you never know what new life experiences you will enjoy.

Have a great workout!


Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment