October 1, 2012

“People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.”



Rant and Tip for October 1, 2012

Quote: “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” Dale Carnegie




This is so very true! I do not know how many people I have met that have said to me, “I could never do what you did to get in shape, and I do not like to lift weights.” My response to them is then don’t do what I did, find something you enjoy doing and just get out and do it. No matter what your preference is if you get out and get the heart rate up you are only helping yourself. Look at Richard Simmons, I could never hop around like a maniac like he does, and yet he gets his heart rate up as do many of his followers. There are many options out there for you today to get moving and expand some energy burning calories. All of which depend on your current fitness levels. Obviously the more fit you are the more intense the exercise can and should be. However if you are 100 pounds overweight then a walk maybe all that you need. If walking is not your thing get a bike, if balance is an issue get a trike, It is all workable, you may need to swallow your pride a bit to get on the trike but if my grandmother could do it when I was a kid, so can you. I have said it before and I will say it again, when I see someone overweight working out the first thing I think is GREAT, GOOD for them to taking control of their life.

Your diet should be treated the same way. You have to enjoy the foods you are eating and you need to be able to make it and take it with you. We all know how fast foods have affected this country. I am not a picky eater, however I know for many people they cannot and will not eat bland food. I now look at food as a fuel, and while I do have a sweet tooth at times I can settle for an Atkins bar or some other low carb protein bar. Right now though I am staying away from the bars as they tend to stall weight loss and with a meet just 3 weeks a way I want to shed about 5 pounds to be able to weigh in with out dehydrating, if I can. Anyway back to you, if you are eating a low fat diet I cannot help you with low fat recipes, however if you are eating low-carb, take a look at my friends links. They have some great recipes for low-carb dieters. ENJOY and make your meals fun it truly is the secret to success.

Have a great workout!

Tip: There is more than one way to get fit. Do not feel pigeon holed into something you do not enjoy doing because you saw it work for someone else. Create your own path and be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment