October 19, 2012

Do you believe in yourself?

Rant and Tip for October 19, 2012


Quote: "If you fully believe you will be successful and can visualize yourself being successful, you will succeed"  Tom Platz (Mr. Universe)

I know this is a quote from a bodybuilder but it rings true in all areas of life. For those of us who struggled with or are struggling with weight loss you need to be able to believe that you can and will be successful. This is very difficult for many of us. I know some people who even after losing the weight do not realize they have succeeded. They never envisioned themselves successful in their weight loss and hence do not believe they have achieved it. 

Look at yourself and acknowledge that you can and will be successful. See in your minds eye that you can succeed and make the changes that need to take place. Acknowledge the areas you need to work on and work on them.

I acknowledge my squat and deadlifts are a weak component of my powerlifting total. I will be successful in working these lifts and I will visualize how the lift will look and feel when done properly. The deadlift will leave marks on my shins as I drag the bar up my legs. Even with lighter weights. I will not let my shoulders drift over the bar as I pull the weight up.

Having shorter arms I like to perform the deadlift in a sumo stance. To perform the sumo deadlift.
Stand facing the bar, with legs wider than shoulder-width apart and toes pointing out in line with the knees.

Set up
  • When pulling the bar should ride up your shins
  • Sit back now down
  • Grab the bar and pull your self down. (this pulls the slack out of the bar)
  • Keep your chest up and your back tight and flat 
Pulling the weight
  • Pull the slack out of the bar. Keeping your back and abs tight.
  • Pull the weight towards you while trying to spreading the floor apart.
  • Keep your chest higher than your hips.
  • Finish the pull by squeezing your butt, driving your hips into the bar

Have a great workout!

Tip:  

Expect Setbacks
Everyone is bound to give in to temptation from time to time.The problem isn't that you gave into a one time temptation, the challenge is not letting that one time temptation turn into an all out binge. Giving into the mind set that well I have already blown it I may as well go whole hog for the whole day. Once you have that binge get back on course.


No comments:

Post a Comment