August 6, 2012

When I want to read a novel, I write one.


Rant and Tip for August 6, 2012  “Happy Birthday To me, I turn 50 years old today”

Quote: “When I want to read a novel, I write one.”
Benjamin Disraeli

OK before anyone gets in an uproar here, for the record I love to read and I enjoy a good novel. While I love to write my blog I do not see myself writing a novel anytime soon. To those who have the ability to write a novel, god bless you and thank you. 

As for the quote, I read it and immediately thought that, we all need to write our own way in life. There are always things that work for me in regards to weight loss that may or may not work for you. You need to write your own story for your way in life. I encourage everyone to read others weight loss success stories and strive to learn from all of them. It can get very discouraging to read how one person lost their weight, attempt to lose weight the exact same way and find that you struggle the whole way. It can and will be frustrating when this happens. I know for my body if I do 20 t0 30 minutes of cardio every morning and again at night I will shed about 3 to 5 pounds of fat in a week. I also know that many people cannot dedicate that time and focus in to reach their weight loss goals. It really needs to be your own success story you write. Many of you know I lost my weight via the Atkins program. Going through all 4 phases and learning what my body can handle. I encourage you all to read the books and make the program your own.


Training continues to go well and my weight is 168. Only 5 pounds from the 163 weight class for the USAPL National Bench Press meet. I am getting excited and hoping to hit some nice numbers and possibly win my age and weight class. Even though I will be competing in a bench only meet I am continuing to train for a full power meet in October and November. That means squats for today. I will be modifying my 5 set training programs to get the most out of my final sets. My sets will be 3, 2, 1, 1, and the last set with the heaviest weight for a set of 5. This will aide in making me stronger without making me bigger. Right now those are my goals, increased strength with the size I am now. I do not need to look any bigger. I am happy with the amount of muscle I am carrying at this time. I just need to make that muscle tighter and stronger.

As I continue my strict diet program I am often asked how to maintain this level of dedication. To be honest at times it is not easy. For me it isn’t really so much about getting ready for the next meet as it is about being as healthy as I possibly can be. It is a battle against father time that I choose to wage. As I stated above, I turn 50 years old today. I am often told I do not look 50. I now ask the question what is 50 suppose to look like? Maybe I look 50 and those who look older than I do are the ones who need to take a look at themselves and determine what changes they need to make. I know genetics play a big part and we are all dealt a hand that we must play out. I choose to play the hand I was dealt to the best ability it can be played.

Have a great workout!

Tip: Do not believe that you are ever too old to try something new and different. Age is merely something that needs to be addressed and used to our advantage. With age comes great wisdom and experience. Even if that wisdom comes from learning from poor eating habits or lack of exercise, you already know what not to do now.

You to can look like a 50 yr old. SSP Style


No comments:

Post a Comment