August 2, 2012

“There is nothing impossible to him who will try.”


Rant and Tip for August 2, 2012

Quote: “There is nothing impossible, to him who will try.”  Alexander the Great.

Every time something seems impossible try to adapt this quote. Alexander the Great conquered many a land and had a great empire. None of it would have been possible if he did not try. When you look in the mirror and feel it is an impossible task to get you body where you want to be you have nothing to lose if you just try.

The birds are chirping and people are already outside running and it is only 5:30 AM. Including me, I got my cardio in before breakfast today and happy I got it done. You have to love this. 

Today I want to address the ladies out there and let them know it is a good thing for them to weight train as well. If I heard it once I have heard it a hundred times. I suggest weight training to a female co-worker or online friend and she says to me I don’t want to get bulked up. Listen, in most cases the women you see that are bulky are taking something. I have seen many women in the sport of power-lifting who are very strong and none of them are taking any performance enhancing drugs. They can’t because it would be caught in a drug test. Women simply don't produce enough of the hormone testosterone to build muscle mass the way that men do. If you see an over-muscled woman in a body building competition, chances are that she has used a synthetic testosterone such as anabolic steroids. Weight training for a woman will strengthen and tone muscle, burn fat and increase metabolism, not build mass. I have several friends who are female that lift and let me just tell you they are beautiful healthy women who are just that, all woman.  I really want you ladies to know not to be afraid of the gym or the weights if you workout at home. So no more excuses ladies, let’s get hitting the dumbbells and if you darling better half has earned the nickname dumbbell please don’t go hitting them.
With my cardio out of the way all I have to do now is get my strength training in. This will take place later today and it will be back day. I plan on switching it up a bit today and going higher reps to build some muscle endurance. Lots of rows, lat pulls, shrugs and pull overs. 

Have a great workout!

Tip:
 If you are having trouble getting your cardio done in the morning, employ the help of a friend to call or text you to get your bottom out of bed.

Use Discount code 3020



1 comment:

  1. I love that quote! I also love to weight train as well. I had to give up my gym membership last year due to some downsizing, but I am really looking forward to getting back in there. I will be stopping by more often! Great post! :-)

    http://lyricfire.typepad.com/lyric-fire/2012/08/lyric-fire-am-i-smart-enough-gauging-assessing-self-intelligence.html

    ReplyDelete