April 4, 2012

The greatest weariness comes from work not done

Rant and Tip for April 4, 2012


Quote: “The greatest weariness comes from work not done.”  Eric Hoffer

How many times have you looked back and though, "If I had only done this" or secretly wished you had taken the unpaved road as opposed to the easy path. Changing your diet and not following through can way heavy on the mind. When you eat a food you that is not on plan and stumble in you planning you can become tired and even start beating yourself up over it. This is the work not done. Take the time to plan better. Let’s be honest here, losing weight takes work, if it was easy there would not be so many overweight people in the world. However with a little dedication and armed with the proper program you can learn to eat to live instead of living to eat. Keep in mind many people who live to eat tend to not live to eat as long as they had hoped.




I am finding more and more with my training planning is more and more important. I also need to keep track of how my sessions are going. Last night I noticed something that has to change. I have been shirt training on Sundays and then trying to hit top end work on Tuesdays. My shoulders have not had the time they need to recuperate. Which means the top end work is not getting the optimum work that it needs. Now since I do not want to look back and think I should have changed my schedule I will go ahead and change it now. I will commence with my top end work, which will consist of board work and chain work on Wednesdays.



Planning for my benefit is going great and the event will be April 29, 2012. We will have 3 to 4 bands as well as billiards for all who attend. There will be door prizes provided by: Cutting Edge Sports Sciences, Bruegger’s Bagel Shop, ReBalance Massage Therapy , The Meat House, Zaika’s Indian Restaurant, and others to be determined.



Have a great workout!



Tip: How to do BoardPresses (http://www.bodybuilding.com)

1. Begin by lying on the bench, getting your head beyond the bar if possible. One to five boards, made out of 2x6's, can be screwed together and held in place by a training partner, bands, or just tucked under your shirt.

2. Tuck your feet underneath you and arch your back. Using the bar to help support your weight, lift your shoulder off the bench and retract them, squeezing the shoulder blades together. Use your feet to drive your traps into the bench. Maintain this tight body position throughout the movement.

3. You can take a standard bench grip, or shoulder width to focus on the triceps. Pull the bar out of the rack without protracting your shoulders. The bar, wrist, and elbow should stay in line at all times. Focus on squeezing the bar and trying to pull it apart.

4. Lower the bar to the boards, and then drive the bar up with as much force as possible. The elbows should be tucked in until lockout.


No comments:

Post a Comment