April 13, 2012

Benefit Concert April 29th 2012

A benefit concert featuring 4 local bands is being held to defray some of the expenses of my quest to become a World Champion in the bench press. I am a nearly 50 year old man and have a chance to set a World Record if all goes well. I will represent the USA in the IPF World Bench Press Championships in the Czech Republic in May 2012. As a good will ambassador and representative of the Capital Region I hope to ‘lift’ international relations and win the gold medal.

I am a native of the Albany Capital Region growing up in Averill Park, NY, and I am a current resident of Clifton Park. I have transformed myself from overweight software QA engineer to weight lifting champion. Last year I won a national title at the USA PL Bench Press National Championships last year.

I started out trying to get fit. I dramatically changed my diet and began weight lifting, losing nearly 40 pounds in the first six months. I am now going to my first world class championship, an international event in bench pressing, I share my knowledge and experience here on my blog. I promote health and fitness by eating right and exercising.

The concert will be held on Sunday April 29th from 2:00pm to 6:00pm and will be hosted by Trick Shots Billiards & Sports Pub (1602 Route 9, Clifton Park, NY 12065). The concert will feature four bands. Two of the bands (The Stumps and Legit Potato) consist of musicians only 11-15 years of age. Two local bands (Statik and Hallertau http://www.reverbnation.com/hallertau) will also perform.


The family oriented event offers free billiards, door prizes and great food. Also supporting the cause is local Girl Scout Troop 1449 and local Boy Scout Troop 246. All proceeds will go to the Jim Kipp World Title fund. $15 for adults, $10 for youth 11 to 18. Free for kids 10 and under.

If you are unable to attend and would like to participate with a donation please see the link above and your donation will be greatly appreciated via paypal.com.


Sponsors

Trick Shots Billiards & Sports Pub
Parkway Music
Zaika's
Venezia Pizza and Pasta
Rebalance Massage Therapy
Cutting Edge Sports Sciences
American Eagle Outfitters -
The Meat House
Bruegger's


1 comment:

  1. hello!,I like your writing so so much! share we communicate extra about your article
    on AOL? I need an expert in this house to unravel my problem.

    May be that is you! Taking a look forward to see you.
    My website :: Best Remote Desktop Software

    ReplyDelete