February 7, 2012

Age is mind over matter, if you don’t mind it doesn’t matter” Unknown


Rant and Tip for February 7, 2012

Quote; Age is mind over matter, if you don’t mind it doesn’t matter”   Unknown

Age is just a number my friends and if you really want to make changes you can. I actually believe as we get older although our bodies are resistant to change our minds can overcome this and help us do what we need to do.

Good morning all, I am kind of stuck at 171 and want to get to 167 by Friday. One of the things I know I am lacking in, is my water intake. Water is essential to weight loss and I mean true weight loss not just water weight. Yeah I could just not eat and drink for the next day or two and I would lose some “weight”. However most of it will be water weight and muscle. Now since I do not want to lose any muscle and next week I will be giving my muscles a well-deserved rest I can start cutting back on my protein levels. Probably down to about 150 grams and I have to start making sure I am getting at 128 ounces of water a day. Water will flush out the system and actually flushes out the toxins that are stored in the body. You body fat will store these toxins and when you lose fat these toxins are released back into the body. The other thing about water is that sometimes when you are hungry you are actually just dehydrated and need fluids. Sorry everyone coffee and soda do not count here. Pure water is what the body needs. Since I am taking creatine monohydrate, which hydrates the muscle, I will definitely need the water. Next step in the process will be to reduce my carbohydrates a little more and watch my fats. This will create a diuretic effect and since I do need to lose water weight before the next meet it will actually help by staying highly hydrated. Your body become very efficient at processing the water and when the time comes to dehydrate it happens very quickly because your body is use to getting so much water. Some lifters have a 5 lb shift in weight just by not drinking water before weigh ins. Then for the next 2 hours the rehydrate before the lift.

Have a great Workout!

Tip of the day:
Since we are talking about water let’s talk about how to get that much water in. If you work in an office, water bottles make it easy and you can just refill them throughout the day. Keep it in front of you and you will find it is pretty easy to drink that much water. If you put a gallon jug of water in front of you it can look like a daunting task and we don’t want that.



No comments:

Post a Comment