February 21, 2012

Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone.

 Rant and Tip for February 21, 2012

Quote: Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone.
Jim Fiebig

I found this quote this and thought it really touches on the fact that age is just a state of mind. Yes as we get older we need to be a little wiser in how we approach things, but that does not mean we should not approach them at all. As we age the worst thing we can do is sit back and let time take over. We need to take control and really push the envelope a little. 

I has someone recently ask me do I think I will still be competing in my sixties and I told them of course and if I can continue to train properly maybe set some records then to. 

Now to my low carb friends I apologize about the ice cream references and promise if I have some ice cream it will be Breyers Low Carb Ice Cream. I have tried and actually think it is creamier than regular ice cream. Yesterday a friend as me for some help with how to get started on the path to losing some body fat. We talked about what to eat and not eat and one of the things that popped up was snacking. Snacking has changed for me. To me  a snack is a scoop or tuna or egg salad. Maybe a chicken leg or two and some fresh veggies. To most people the idea of a snack are chips or some other corn processed snack. I use to be that way as well. To my friends who still believe that low fat is the way to go you can still snack the same way as I have just stated. You will need to hold the mayo though.

Leg day for me and I plan on doing sets of 2 working my way up to a new 2 rep max I hope.

Your leg day would look like this:
 
Squats- 3 sets 10
Calf raises- 3 sets 10
Thigh extensions if doing at home try sitting on a chair with a dumbbell held with your feet
3 sets 10
Lunges - 3 sets of 10
Leg curls - 3 sets of 10

Have a great workout!

Tip: Plan you snacks as you would plan your meals

No comments:

Post a Comment