September 19, 2012

What do you have to lose?

Rant and Tip for September 19, 2012

Quote: “What makes something special is not just what you have to gain, but what you feel there is to lose.” Andre Agassi

I found this quote this morning and thought it was fitting for the day. Many times if we look at what we have to lose it can empower us to do very special things. Such as turning our lives around and eating healthy and adopting an exercise regimen. For me that was the case. I was losing my health and money for that matter. My doctors wanted to put me on all kinds of medications and at the time I was only 46 years old (You can read the full story here) In my mind I had a lot to lose if I did not change things. I chose to make the changes in my diet and and save my life, and some money in medication cost.

Take a look at your lifestyle and see what you have to lose if you continue down the unhealthy path you are on. If you are already healthy and have a diet and exercise program in place maybe this will help you stay on course. The world is full of former athletes that are overweight and have let themselves go. Never give in to growing old. As Dr. Anton Reel once said to me, "We may age but, we do not have to grow old"

I ran in to a man at the gym yesterday and he had just finished his workout and was heading home. Turned out he was 51 and still doing marathons and other endurance sports. I asked him if he was taking any supplements and he stated he was not, I suggested he give SSP a try. You can read about the cost and how it compares here. Our bodies need proper amino acids and other nutrients to heal and excel in our exercise programs.

Today is a squat day at Albany Strength. I want to get some tips on my form and I am also confident in the spotters there. Spotting a lifter is an art. If not done correctly someone can get seriously hurt. You need to be ready at all time and literally expecting the worse to happen at any minute. Just search the web for weight lifting accidents and you will see a lot of spotters not doing the job correctly. My advice to everyone is to know your spotter and make sure you trust them.

Have a great workout!

Tip: In keeping with the quote today, if you are having trouble staying on point with your diet and exercise try writing down everything you have to lose if you do not make the changes you know you need to make. Post these on the refrigerator instead of the wish picture you know you have there already.


2 comments:

  1. I so needed to hear this today. I felt like you were a coach, telling me to keep pressing on. Sometimes its hard to get to the gym and eat healthy, but the BENEFIT is truly the BLESSING. And I agree, it doesn't matter our age... I'll be turning 45 (YIKES) in two months and I'm feeling the sting of the number. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to be able to touch your life and help you. I try to be motivational and helpful in my post. Keep working it! You deserve it

      Delete