1. Lean muscle mass is increased
I performed squats yesterday. The squat is in many regards the king of the exercises. Why you may ask? Here are some of the benefits of doing squats:
2. Basic metabolism is faster
3. Your general physical fitness and work capacity are positively improved
4. Mental and physical energy levels are amplified
5. You will sleep better
6. Body fat will be lowered
7. Endorphins, the body's natural painkillers are released into your body
8. The heavy load on your shoulders, back and legs helps to make your bones stronger by increasing their mineral density
9. The connective tissues of your body adapt to the load and in turn become stronger and better able to tolerate the additional stress of the weight
I was going to go into a full description on how to squat properly but why rewrite the book. So here is a link on how to squat properly. The site is GainMuscleLoseWieght.com
Have a great workout!
When you are performing the squat, you need to pick a point high up on he wall or the ceiling and stare at this point. This will keep you focused and give you a point to push up to. The old saying where the head goes the body follows. So head up folks!